Thursday, October 9, 2008

Assistive Software

I recently was given a MacBook by the San Carlos and Belmont Optimist Club. And I waned to give special thanks. And also to let people know about the great programs that are Mac Compatible.  Kursweil a program that scans books, tracks, and reads them to you. It is a great program. That’s helped me a lot. With my tracking problem in the past. I did a speech about 2 weeks ago to the club. Telling them my story and asking them to please buy me a laptop. During my second and last year at the private school I found out about Kursweil and it changed the way I was able to understand things. My eyes have a very difficult time tracking since I lost the left side of my vision. I went from having C’s and D’s in my freshman year to having A’s and B’s in my sophomore year. Kursweil is a great program and I strongly recommend it. Visit www.kurzweiledu.com another program I recommend is Inspiration. It is a program that uses bubble diagrams to get ideas together and forms an outline. It is a program I enjoy using. Its fun easy and really helps you get organized.  The site is www.inspiration.com Yesterday I had an evaluation for assistive technology. And found out about a couple of great programs. I’ll update on other programs when I learn about them. And use them and I’ll tell you what I think about them.

No comments: